How to Create a Class Code
This task is completely teacher-led. It can be completed in less than thirty minutes.
Follow these steps to create your classes:
- Login to your QuaverMusic.com account
- Click the TEACHER TAB to access the Teacher Dashboard
- Click TEACHER ADMINISTRATION on the Teacher Dashboard
- Click MANAGE CLASSES to open your existing class list
If you’re a returning Quaver teacher, you can easily hide last year’s classes by checking the ARCHIVE box next to each. New teachers will see a blank slate, ready to fill with happy classes!
Now, you’re ready to add your classes.
Most teachers choose to create a class for each group of students they see (i.e. Ms. Miller’s 1st Grade), but you may prefer to group all your 2nd Graders in one class. Think about how you would like to view grades and distribute assignments, and organize your classes in the way that works best for you.
To add a class to your list:
- Click ADD at the bottom of the screen
- Complete the information on this Edit Class screen as shown below – the first four fields are required, while the additional details below are optional
- Click SAVE to return to your list – now with one more class!
- Continue until all your classes are represented
Once you see all your happy classes listed on the Manage Classes tab, you are ready to retrieve your Class Codes which your will use to auto-enroll your students in the correct classes!
To record your Class Codes:
- Click MAIN MENU to return to the Teacher Administration Menu
- Click ENROLL STUDENTS
- From this screen you can select each class from the drop down using the triangle next to EDIT CLASS
- Each class selection will generate a different 6-digit Class Code in the top left corner of the page
- Make a list of the Class Code associated with each respective class name