Each Tuesday, we bring you a Tip of the Week to make using your Quaver resources easier than ever!
Click Play to listen to our Tip of the Week jingle! (Email readers, click-through to listen to the Tip of the Week Tune)
Today’s Tip is for users of Quaver’s Curriculum!
Did you know that you can create assignments with our Student Interactives?
Back in January, we released several new features such as 19 new folk songs, video player upgrades, new audio mixer, and much more! Today’s tip involves some new functionality we also added in that release.
Many teachers requested the ability to assign Student Interactives to students through the Teacher Administration Panel. Well, your wish has been granted!
Teachers can now assign:
- Staff Champion
- Rhythm Dictation
- Express the Contour
- Ice Cream Rhythms
- High and Low Pitches
- And many more!
How to assign Student Interactives with the Teacher Admin Panel:
1) Sign in and head to TEACHER ADMIN
After you’ve signed into your QuaverMusic.com account click the yellow TEACHER tab at the bottom of the screen. On the Teacher Dashboard you will select the TEACHER ADMIN icon – where you can manage classes, enroll students, and of course give and create assignments!
2) Select CREATE ASSIGNMENTS
In the Teacher Administration Main Menu click on the red CREATE ASSIGNMENTS guitar pic, located in the bottom left side, to start creating your interactive assignment.
3) Choose the ACTIVITY
After giving your assignment a name, choose INTERACTIVES in the activity scroll.
4) Pick a Student Interactive
Scroll through our extensive list to find the Student Interactive you want your students to do either in class or as a homework assignment!
Student Interactives come in two styles:
- Those that can be used by a student independently as homework or an in-class assignment.
- Those that are led by a teacher during class time and cannot be completed independently. These are marked as CLASS USE ONLY in the drop down.
5) Give Assignment
Once you have finished filling in the grade level and instructions, SAVE the assignment, and it will appear in your GIVE ASSIGNMENT tab. Then select the class and assignment you want to assign and click GIVE.
6) Students start practicing!
The Student Interactive assignment will magically be waiting in your students’ QuaverMusic.com account! Here’s how they will access the assignment:
- Log in to their QuaverMusic.com account
- Click the STUDENT tab
- In the Student Dashboard, select ASSIGNMENTS
- Select the assignment in the left side bar
- LAUNCH the activity
- Complete the activity. In this example, that means students click START GAME and play through one round of Staff Champion. They then have the option to click OK to play again or click SAVE to submit their work!
- Clicking SAVE completes the activity and returns students to their assignment screen while their performance is stored in your teacher GradeBook!
7) Check your GradeBook
Once your students have submitted the Student Interactive, the completed assignment will automatically appear graded in your GradeBook! Just head back to the Teacher Admin Panel, and select UPDATE GRADEBOOK to see which students have completed the assignment and how they did.