Each Tuesday, we bring you a Tip of the Week to make using your Quaver resources easier than ever!
Click Play to listen to our Tip of the Week jingle! (Email readers, click-through to listen to the Tip of the Week Tune)
Today’s Tip is for users of our recorder material in both Curriculum and ClassPlay!
Did you know there are TWO easy ways for students to practice their favorite Quaver recorder songs at home?
Teachers tell us all the time that some of their favorite Quaver songs and lessons revolve around our recorder resources. If you haven’t checked these out before, you can find them throughout Quaver’s 3rd Grade Curriculum (lessons 19-30) and in ClassPlay under “Instrument Learning.”
You can extend the recorder fun beyond the classroom by giving students access to our recorder songs at home in two ways:
- As simple PRINTABLES OR
- As interactive scores accessed on a COMPUTER or MOBILE DEVICE
Let’s take a look at both options!
1) Printable Recorder Scores
If you’re a fan of old-fashioned sheet music, or your students don’t have access to technology at home, you might choose to print a single score of our complete Recorder Song Book for each student.
Our Recorder Song Book – available in the worksheets section of 3rd Grade lessons 19-30 – includes:
- A handy Fingering Chart for reference at home AND
- Vocal/Recorder Scores to all 16 Quaver recorder songs
You may prefer to print just one score at a time for your students – which is easy to do from the ClassPlay song hub. Just click PRINTABLES on any Recorder song hub to download and print as many as you like!
2) Digital Recorder Scores
Each recorder score is also available as a STUDENT INTERACTIVE at QuaverMusic.com or on mobile devices through the QStudent App!
These interactive scores allow students to practice a recorder piece with the backing track. They can select a track ‘with’ recorder to hear an example or select the track without recorder. They can focus their practice by using the draw tool to highlight areas of special difficulty.
Student Access via QuaverMusic.com:
- Visit the QuaverMusic.com homepage
- If enrolled in one of your GradeBook classes, they can log in and simply click the new STUDENT INTERACTIVES sign on the signpost to the left of the screen
- If they don’t have accounts yet – they can skip right to the signpost without even logging in
- Next, they’ll enter a class code generated from your Teacher Administration (ANY class code will do. You can simply create one code for all your classes if you like!)
From the Student Interactives menu, students can select RECORDER.
Once in the RECORDER section, they can scroll down to find a song.
After selecting a song, students can simply click LAUNCH.
The interactive score will open in a new window!
This same content is available from any mobile device with the QStudentApp.
Just log in with a student account and select STUDENT INTERACTIVES to follow the same menus to the prize!
With so many ways to access these scores – the only question is how soon you’ll be receiving calls from parents about Perry the Sheep!