Each Tuesday, we bring you a Tip of the Week to make using your Quaver resources easier than ever!
Click Play to listen to our Tip of the Week jingle! (Email readers, click-through to listen to the Tip of the Week Tune)
Today’s Tip is for users of Quaver’s Curriculum – specifically our QStudent Mobile App!
Did you know your students can now access Quaver Interactives from any mobile device?
We introduced our first round of Student Interactives last month – and told you how students can find them on the Student tab in their QuaverMusic.com account.
Now, we’re making these mobile-friendly activities even easier to access by making them available from the QStudent App. Now students can access our Interactives with one click – putting more music learning right in the palm of their hand!
How to access Student Interactives from the QStudent App:
- Make sure students have downloaded the free app on their device
- Sign into the QStudent App with a STUDENT account
Only QuaverMusic.com accounts which are enrolled in an active class in your GradeBook will be able to log into the QStudent App. These users will see the STUDENT TAB on their homepage. See detailed instructions for class and student account setup here.
- Click Student Interactives
This opens the Student Interactives Menu in a new window – as always, a pop-up blocker would prevent this – so make sure yours is disabled!
- Select any category on the menu to see the activities within.
- Music Theory
- Instruments and Knowledge
- Music Creation
- Playing Music
- For example, click Recorder to find a mobile version of our Recorder Fingering chart and scores for each of the recorder songs in the Quaver Curriculum – perfect for at-home practice.
- Select an activity to open a description of the activity and the option to LAUNCH or GET QR CODE.
- Clicking LAUNCH opens a new window with the activity on whatever device you are using to access QuaverMusic.com.
- Clicking QR CODE pulls up a unique code your students can scan. This may come in handy if you have some students without QuaverMusic.com accounts. They could scan the code with any QR Scanner and access the same material.
A note about QR Codes: Once scanned, the activity will remain accessible on the student device as long as it is open. The QR Code, however, is only live for one week (7 days), so keep that in mind if you are thinking of printing them out. A new code can be generated at anytime from the Student Interactives Menu!
Students can also access Student Interactives through the STUDENT tab in their QuaverMusic.com accounts. Click here for more information on the 60+ activities now available!
We hope your students enjoy having Quaver activities right at their fingertips. Let us know how you use these Interactives to enhance your classroom activities!