Each Tuesday, we will bring you a Tip of the Week to make using your Quaver resources easier than ever!
Click Play to listen to our Tip of the Week jingle! (Email readers, click-through to listen to the Tip of the Week Tune)
Today’s Tip is for users of Quaver’s Curriculum – specifically our ClassPlay songs!
Have you ever noticed the yellow arrows at the top of any ClassPlay Lyrics screen?
You probably already know that you can press PLAY on these screens and the Quaver song will play. You even have options to turn off or on the vocals, track, or highlighting features. What you may not know is that these handy yellow arrows offer yet another way to control the pace of learning a new Quaver song!
Today’s Tip: Before clicking PLAY, use the yellow arrows to paginate through the lyrics of the song without the music.
Let’s take a look at how this feature works in a favorite folk song, “My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean:”
- Click the NEXT arrow instead of PLAY and take your time introducing the words to the song to your students. The visuals even reinforce the lyrics!
- Move from screen to screen at your own pace. Maybe you want to ask students to echo-sing each verse, following your vocal model before they ever hear the recording.
- Once your students feel comfortable with the words, press PLAY and sing along!
This is just one example of how we make your job as a teacher easier through technology. We hope you find it useful!
How to access a Lyrics activity:
- Log in to QuaverMusic.com with a Teacher Account
- Click the TEACHER TAB
- Choose CLASSPLAY, located on the Teacher Dashboard
- Find a ClassPlay song by using the search box, choosing a “selection criteria,” or scrolling through the list of titles.
- Select a LYRICS activity and use the yellow NEXT and PREVIOUS arrows to paginate
Let us know how you use this activity with your favorite ClassPlay song! Happy Singing!