Did you know September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day?
It may seem like a silly holiday, but we will take ANY excuse to celebrate it with you! In honor of this special day, we are issuing a challenge to you and your students – a “Stinky Pirate” Challenge!
That’s right! Quaver is challenging you and your class to create a third verse for one of our favorite tunes, “Stinky Pirates.”
If you haven’t heard Quaver’s “Stinky Pirates” give it a listen here!
Are you up for the challenge?
Here’s how it works:
- Sing “Stinky Pirates” together as a class to find the Meter of 2 and get in the spirit!
To access “Stinky Pirates:”
1 – Navigate to 1st Grade, Lesson 2: Meters of 2 and 4 in the Quaver Curriculum
2 – Search “Stinky Pirates” in ClassPlay
3 – Sign up for a Free Preview of the Quaver Curriculum and find the 1st Grade, Lesson 2: Meters of 2 and 4 in your Preview link
- Create a third verse for “Stinky Pirates” that fits the Meter of 2.
- Portray your verse in a visual medium (A few ideas: video your class singing the song, make a poster of your new lyrics, put on a performance, etc.).
- Submit your lyrics via a YouTube link, video file, photo, or document to the Quaver team by emailing Jackie@QuaverMusic.com by Friday, September 25th, 2015.
- Feel free to submit one entry per class. This is not just for 1st grade, everyone loves “Stinky Pirates” and we want all classes to participate!
- On Monday, September 28th, we will reveal the winner on our blog and social media pages!
One lucky class with a unique “Stinky Pirates” verse will win a Skype call from Pirate Quaver!