On Mondays, we bring you a Tip of the Week to make using your Quaver resources easier than ever!
Click Play to listen to our Tip of the Week jingle! (Email readers, click-through to listen to the Tip of the Week Tune)
Today’s Tip of the Week is for users of Quaver’s Essentials Program or K-6 Curriculum!
Have you discovered Quaver’s Feedback Sandwich?
This new Interactive Whiteboard Element is a great tool for encouraging constructive feedback in your classes. Created for group projects in our 6th Grade Curriculum, we think the idea of the Feedback Sandwich is useful in any grade and have added the IWB to your Teacher Toolbox.
Click the Play button to hear the Feedback Sandwich Song – a catchy way to reinforce the idea that constructive feedback should be sandwiched between two positive comments.
Or use the buttons to display an Example of good Feedback, Evaluation Starters to help students brainstorm, or a Blank sandwich for you to fill in with your class (use that Draw Tool from the IWB Menu!).
To find the Feedback Sandwich:
- Log in to your QuaverMusic.com account.
- Click the Teacher Tab or School Bus Stop Sign
- Click on the Resource Manager logo on the Teacher Dashboard
- Search “Feedback” in the Library, select the Feedback Sandwich IWB from the results, and click LAUNCH
- From your Teacher Dashboard click on the Essentials Program in the bottom left corner
- Select any Classroom
- Click Teacher Toolbox
- Scroll down to find the Feedback Sandwich
Let us know how your students respond! Do you have any other tips for encouraging constructive feedback?
Don’t forget to come back to the blog tomorrow to see the finalists in our Quaver Costume Contest and cast your vote!