It’s that time again! Tip of the Week is back for the new school year with weekly reminders to make using your Quaver resources easier than ever.
Click Play to listen to our Tip of the Week jingle! (Email readers, click-through to listen to the Tip of the Week Tune)
Today’s Tip of the Week is for any users of QuaverMusic.com!
Did you know you can turn off the theme music in EarIQ with just one click?
Teachers all over the globe love using EarIQ for ear training in class – as a warm up activity, part of a lesson, or assessment!
If you’ve used EarIQ before, you’ve probably already discovered the simple volume controls for music and sound effects used in the game on the OPTIONS screen on the EarIQ menu.
But there’s also a fun way to mute the background music from inside the EarIQ Carnival with the hidden gramophone!
To mute the EarIQ theme music from within the carnival:
- Log in to your QuaverMusic.com account.
- Click the APPS tab and select EarIQ.
- Click PLAY in the Ear IQ menu, and it takes you to the game selection screen.
- Between the Intervals and Chords tents, notice the music is coming from an old-fashioned gramophone.
- Simply click on the gramophone, and the music stops!
- Click again to resume playing the carnival Quaver theme.
Now it’s easier than ever to have EarIQ up on your whiteboard during class, ready when you need it, but without the theme song playing on repeat. It might be fun to see if any of your students can find the source of the music on the EarIQ screen before muting it. Many may have never seen a gramophone before – what a great segue into recorded music history!
Try it out, and let us know what you think!