Today’s Tip of the Week is for Users of Quaver’s Essentials Program or QK-5 Curriculum. If you have access to an iPad and an Online Quaver Classroom – you can play Pass the iPad!
Pittsburgh music teacher Carol Froehlich passes along this tip . . .
Did you know that you can play “Pass the iPad” as a way of engaging an entire class in naming notes?
Carol uses the Lines and Spaces Staff Champion IWBs to test her students note-naming skills.
In order to play “Pass the iPad,” you need to download the app Splashtop onto your iPad and sync it with your desktop computer. We did a whole post on Splashtop back in May – check it out for more info!
When the game begins, have each student hold the iPad, name one note, and then pass the iPad to the next student for the 30 second time period. The student or group with the highest score is the winner! If you project your computer onto a large screen, the other students can play along, and the entire class is engaged and brushing up on their note-naming skills.
To Play Pass the iPad with Staff Champion:
- Go to the QuaverMusic.com & Log In to your account
- Click the Teacher Tab or School Bus Stop Sign
- Click the Quaver Essentials Icon
- Click the Lines and Space Classroom – number 1.9
- Open the IWB Activities and choose a Staff Champion Activity!
- Open SplashTop on your iPad and play Pass the iPad!
What other IWBs would make good Pass the iPad activities?