Because everything at Quaver HQ needs that extra Seriously Fun touch:
We’ve dubbed this May “Quaver’s World Music Month!”
For our first annual celebration, we’ll be focusing on Percussion Instruments.
That’s right. Anything you can either HIT, SHAKE, or SCRAPE! It’s a broad and fascinating category including some of the coolest instruments throughout history and from every corner of the world!
We’re going to dig deeper into some of Quaver’s favorite world percussion instruments using the newly released Quaver’s World Music area at QuaverMusic.com.
What? You haven’t checked out Quaver’s World Music yet?
Quaver’s World Music is now open to visitors from around the world in the lobby of your Online Quaver Classrooms! No passports necessary!
Explore 10 of the world’s most fascinating percussion instruments by continent of origin or by class categories. We’ve got chordaphones, lamellaphones, idiophones, aerophones, and membranophones from Africa, Europe, North and South America!
Dig into to these amazing instruments with a video introduction by Quaver, 360-degree view of the instrument, video instructions for how to play, and three levels of challenges from Quaver’s percussion experts!
Packed with over 40 minutes of free video, Quaver’s World Music is a great peek into the Marvelous World of Music at QuaverMusic.com.
Don’t worry! We’ll unpack each category and all the teaching potential of Quaver’s World Music in the coming weeks!
The best part about Quaver’s World Music? It’s free with any classroom purchase (Just $8 each!) OR with a FREE Quaver Sneak Peek. If you can access any Online Quaver Classrooms currently, then you’re ready to explore!
How to get your Free Access to Quaver’s World Music:
- Click here and enter your information for a free Quaver Sneak Peek (you’ll also get to view a full episode).
- Check your email for an Access Code and head to QuaverMusic.com!
- Click the Sign Up window in the top right corner, create a new account, enter your Access Code and submit!
- Click on the Bus Stop Sign in the bottom left corner to go to your Online Quaver Classroom lobby.
- Find the Quaver’s World Music logo in the top right corner and away you go!
Here’s what you can expect this World Music Month at QuaverMusicBlog.com:
- Weekly Categories: Each week of May, we’ll study a different category of instrument! We’ll cover lamellaphones, idiophones, aerophones, and membranophones, oh my!
- Quaver Qtorials: Quaver himself will share ideas for teaching each category in your classroom. You can even teach along with us if you like! We’ll post Quaver’s lesson ideas for the week each Monday.
- Expert Input: We’ll have a special guest post each week from a world percussion expert. Get technique tips for playing these amazing instruments, and dig deeper into their history!
We’re also giving you a chance to win a Quaver Episode of your choice!!*
We’ll announce our winner at the end of the month, and every week, we’ll give you new ways to enter to win – Sign up to get Quaver blog posts via email so you don’t miss a single one!
Here’s your first chance! Tell us in the comments:
What are you favorite ways to teach percussion?